Are you looking into solar? Whether it's for a home, business, school or municipal building, the rules in Michigan are clear. Solar equipment is electrical equipment, and electrical equipment must be installed by an electrical contractor who is licensed by the State of Michigan.
Why does solar equipment have to be installed by a licensed electrician? It's about your safety, and the safety of workers. Solar equipment that isn't properly installed can cause fires or even electrocution if someone touches it. And it isn't enough to have a single electrician on the job. Anyone handling and installing solar equipment must be a licensed electrician.
Here are the 10 questions to ask a contractor before hiring them for your solar installation.
1. Are you a licensed electrical contractor with the State of Michigan? Ask to see the license.
2. Do you employ licensed State of Michigan electricians?
3. Are apprentices enrolled in a U.S. Department of Labor registered apprenticeship?
4. Have your employees completed OSHA safety training?
5. Does your company require mandatory drug screening of all employees?
6. Do you have all necessary safety equipment and is that equipment tested?
7. What is your Better Business Bureau rating?
8. How long have you been in business as an electrical contractor?
9. Will you pull all permits required for the job?
10. Will all necessary inspections be performed on the installation?
IBEW NECA 252 contractors are fully licensed and qualified to install solar equipment. Find a contractor today!