SOLAR PANEL INSTALATION
Moving Ann Arbor Forward
Whether for your home, business or industry, our certified electricians are ready to help you make an informed decision that will optimize your residential or commercial requirements.
We will assess what size solar energy system will serve your needs, and what design works best in terms of location and aesthetics. Let our expertise take you into the future of clean energy!
why go solar?
BENEFITS OF SOLAR ENERGY
Solar energy is the fastest growing energy source in the world for good reason: It’s a smart investment for our planet and your bottom line.
Solar power is a clean and renewable source of energy. Unlike harmful and unsustainable fossil fuels, solar energy uses the pollution-free and renewable power of the sun.
The sun is a free source of energy.
Tax breaks! Currently a 26% federal tax credit is available until December 31, 2022 for residential and commercial installations. There may also be local government tax breaks in your community.
Not only does solar power reduce electricity bills, but there are also many tax incentives and rebate programs. Solar pays for itself in only a few years.
Solar power systems are exempt from property taxes in Michigan and increase the value of your home. However, you can choose to take your solar panels with you when you move.
Utilizing solar power protects your home and/or your business from an increasingly unstable power grid with battery backup
The cost of solar power is getting cheaper all the time, while traditional power sources are rising in cost.
Solar panels can be connected to a grid, which means the owner is paid by the utility company for any unused electricity sent back onto the grid.
Solar panels are maintenance free since no recurring services are required, and they last for years.
Solar panels do not need direct sunlight to function.
Solar energy improves air quality for humans and all living creatures now and in the future.
10 QUESTIONS TO ASK A SOLAR CONTRACTOR
Unless installed by the homeowner, solar equipment must be installed by a licensed electrician. It's about your safety, and the safety of workers.
Solar equipment that isn't properly installed can cause fires or even electrocution if someone touches it. And it isn't enough to have a single electrician on the job. Anyone handling and installing solar equipment must be a licensed electrician.
Ask these questions before hiring a solar contractor:
1. Are you a licensed electrical contractor with the State of Michigan? Ask to see the license.
2. Do you employ licensed State of Michigan electricians?
3. Are apprentices enrolled in a U.S. Department of Labor registered apprenticeship?
4. Have your employees completed OSHA safety training?
5. Does your company require mandatory drug screening of all employees?
6. Do you have all necessary safety equipment and is that equipment tested?
7. What is your Better Business Bureau rating?
8. How long have you been in business as an electrical contractor?
9. Will you pull all permits required for the job?
10. Will all necessary inspections be performed on the installation?
IBEW NECA 252 contractors are fully licensed and qualified to install solar equipment. Find a contractor today!