There are numerous benefits to upgrading your home or business to light emitting diodes (LED) lighting. LEDs are versatile and can be used anywhere from your living room to outdoor city parks. The eight benefits below apply to homes, businesses, industrial complexes and municipalities. Let’s take a look!
1. Greater Efficiency
Did you know that with standard, incandescent light bulbs, 90 percent of the energy used is given off as heat and only 10 percent is used for actual light? LEDs, on the other hand, use up to 90 percent less energy and emit only about 5 percent of their energy as heat, making them much more energy efficient.
2. Longer Lifespan
LED bulbs last far longer than incandescent light bulbs. On average, standard bulbs last about a year while LEDs last up to 25 times longer, saving you time and money.
3. Enhanced Safety
Since LED light bulbs emit less heat, they are cooler to the touch than traditional light bulbs. This means there’s less chance of anyone being burned and less chance of fire.
4. Brighten Instantly
LEDs brighten instantly when turned on, whereas incandescent lights take longer to fully illuminate. This makes LEDs best for rooms where lights go on and off frequently.
5. Easy Installation
Upgrading to LEDs is as easy as can be since the vast majority of sockets are compatible with LEDs. Additionally, LEDs come in so many shapes, sizes and options that any commercial use is an easy upgrade as well.
LEDs come in numerous wattages and temperature colors. This means you can find warm white that has a yellow tinge all the way to daylight, which is the brightest option. LEDs come in many different colors as well!
LEDs are able to function in extreme cold and heat, and can survive harsh elements. They are resistant to shock and vibrations, making them safe and reliable in almost any circumstance.
These benefits ultimately lead you to lots of savings on your energy bills due to greater efficiency and on your shopping bills as LED bulbs rarely need replacing.
Upgrading to all LED lighting simply makes good sense. It’s an easy switch that is better for the environment and your bank account. If your home, business, industrial complex or municipality requires assistance for upgrading, contact one of our licensed electricians!